Any individual who wishes to serve others may become a member of Gamma Sigma Sigma by following guidelines, as set forth by the National Bylaws, chapter and academic institution.
Gamma Sigma Sigma does not discriminate and is not selective. Gamma Sigma Sigma also accepts individuals who are members of other organizations into its membership.
Members of chapters and colonies pay annual national dues. Chapters may also have local chapter dues for membership.
For more information about Gamma Sigma Sigma Membership, please contact the National Membership Director using the "Contact Us" form.
10 reasons to choose Gamma Sigma Sigma
- Unity-The GSS motto, “Unity in Service,” is rooted in the desire to work together to create the “Strongest of Bonds.”
- To IMPACT-Members of GSS make progress across communities together through countless programs to educate youth, visit seniors, feed the homeless, and fundraise for charity.
- Service-Chapters and colonies average more than 2500 service hours a year.
- Equality-Gamma Sigma Sigma is not selective in Membership. Future members choose to be a part of GSS.
- Making Memories-GSS chapters range from small to large, and members make memories that last a lifetime.
- Networking-GSS has activated thousands of members over the last 55 years. At conferences and inter-chapter activities, member learn from workshops, exchange ideas, and extend their network for future opportunities.
- Campus Involvement-Not only does GSS host activities and projects on campuses across the county, some members take part in other organizations. Members may also join business, professional, and social sororities and fraternities as well.
- Community Engagement-GSS members benefit from the opportunity to meet and interact with community leaders and organizations through numerous volunteer opportunities.
- Awards-Members and chapters are awarded biennially for their hard work and dedication to service.
- Continuing Opportunities-Gamma Sigma Sigma offers numerous opportunities for members to share their skills and knowledge after graduation through positions on the National Board and Staff.