During Gamma Sigma Sigma’s National Convention, delegates will elect the 34th National Board of Directors. Below are the candidates slated for each position and information for those interested in running from the floor. Click here to view the candidate advertisements.
President – open
Vice President – Sharon Brice
Treasurer – Alexa Smarr
Service Director – Lauren Virdure
Membership Director – open
Alumni Director – Celeste McNeil-Okonkwo
Marketing Director – Chiquita Harville
Program Director – Cristal Johnson
District 1 Director – Mary Price
District 2 Director – Genna Miller
District 3 Director – Anna Zizak
District 4 Director – Brandy DuBois
District 5 Director – open
District 6 Director – open
District 7 Director – open
District 8 Director – Lynne Williams
District 9 Director – Kristy Fitzpatrick
Instructions for Running from the Floor
- Members must submit an application online by June 17, 2019. Members can request an application in Microsoft Word from the Nominating Committee Chair. A new application is not required for any member who has submitted a complete application package in the last two years.
- Once a complete application is available, please email the Nominating Chair to confirm your intent. Please include a statement such as, “This email confirms my intentions to run from the floor at convention for the position of ______.”
- The Nominating Chair will confirm that you have a complete package.
- Review the publicity and candidate forum guidelines provided by the Nominating Committee and submit information before the requested deadline.
- Confirm someone willing to nominate you from the convention floor and submit your two supporting speakers before the prescribed deadline.
- Any alumni member can apply for any of the above positions. Completed applications are due by June 17. Candidates for President and Vice President must have served a full term on the NBD.